Monday, August 30, 2004

My story of the day

So today was one of my co-worker's birthday. At around lunchtoime, there was a delivery for her, and it turned out to be a dozen of red roses from her boyfriend. I saw it sitting on her desk (coz who would miss a big ass vase of red roses) and I was all, "Aww those are really pretty. You're bf's so sweet." But in my oh-so-bitter-head I'm thinking, "Ugh gag me with a spoon puhlease. That's twelve f-in roses of f-in bullshit." Yes, I am forever-bitter, but I can't help but hear myself say it. I saw her admiring her roses, with the biggest smile on her face, prolly feeling like the luckiest/happiest girl in the world. In my head I can hear myself say, "It's pathetic how a dozen roses can make you look so foolish when it comes to love." But deep inside, I'm secretly wishing to be that foolish girl I once was.

No comments: