Monday, October 11, 2004

Random/nerdy economics moment that I had today:
So Inferior Goods are cheap goods that you buy because they're cheap, not because you like them. If you have more money than usual, you wouldn't buy an inferior good because you would rather buy something more expensive because the expensive good is way better. So today, my tutor used Spam as an example of an inferior good. I lost her after that. I don't understand why people wouldn't eat Spam if they had a million dollars.

Random church moment:
I went to mass at my church this weekend expecting to have the mean old priest that they usually have on Saturday afternoons. His sermons were usually long and boring, almost like he was reading it off the bible. But the new Filipino priest did the Saturday mass this weekend. And even though his homily was rilly short, I actually wanted to listen. He said that if you wanna have a gud day, then you should T.A.L.K.

T - Thank Him for everything He has given you
A - Acknowledge the blessings you've been given
L - LOVE
K - Knock/Kneel and He will accept you unconditionally

After that, he made us all stand and sing WITH ACTIONS, this song!


GIVE THANKS
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks unto the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks unto the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich because of what the Lord has done for us"
And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich because of what the Lord has done for us"
My mom was actually doing it, but my dad was a little hesitant. That was the funnest mass I've been to in that church. My parents were making fun of the priest because they assumed he didn't have a lot to say, and that's why he just made us stand up and do the song with actions. But I liked it!
So neways, life has been good to me so far. Too good actually. It's a kinda scary. Because whenever a bunch of good things happen to me all at once, it means that a bunch of bad things will happen later. Yes, I'm a strong believer of karma. I guess I just have to be more grateful rather than cynical. I'd rather enjoy the good things than dwell on the bad ones. I dunno if that made sense. But neways, here's just some of the good stuff that's been happening to me:
- my quizzes and homework grades are lookin gud
- i have a little bit of self-control with wut i eat now
- had a talk with my boss (i thought i was in trouble) but she just wanted to say how grateful she was for my work (yeahp, i was surprised too)
- dad was helping me make my room at home nicer
- mom was in a very giving mood over the weekend when we went shopping in downtown la and bed bath and beyond. she even wanted us to get our eyebrows waxed but we didn't have time. next thing you know were getting pedicures together.
- and last but not the least: I did not get in trouble when I came home home late Friday night.
That's all.
Thanx for taking me home once again I owe you a lot and sorry I fell asleep. Haha okai I'm lame.

No comments: