Thursday, December 08, 2005

YEAH FINALS WEEK!!! I love finals week! I love the atmosphere around campus with everyone studying to the point of delirium and all that good stuff. I never really reached that point this week though, just coz I wasn't really taking my stats final seriously. But I'm officially done with my last fall quarter. Yay!

So far, I already got one of my grades for one of my management classes. And I got a solid A baybeeeeee! I'm so happy!!! I haven't seen that letter in a looooooong time. And I just found out that my group in my Advertising class won for the best presentation! Wow I'm so cool right now. I think I shall throw a party for this. Heeeheee. JK.

Speaking of party, my birthday's coming up (*cough* January 3 *cough*) and I'm not too sure what I want to do this year. I know I don't want the party at the apartment deal because I'm just too old for that now. Or I'm just too lazy to deal with all of that madness. I kinda just want to go out somewhere for dinner and then have some drinks but then that means only the oldies can go. So we shall see what can be done. Any suggestions anyone?

Recap of funtimes last week and this week:
- Tagalog potluck with my kids and Jiedson.
- Wish I could've stayed longer but I had to leave early
- I love those Tagalog kids mucho
- Daniel's 3-part birthday hoopla: RENT, BJ's, Elvis Karaoke
- I was good all throughout RENT and BJ's but then I started getting really sick in Elvis. Damn that sucked.
- Got home around 3am about to die
- I was looking forward to going to Homeless Outreach the next day but I couldn't get out of bed. That was not fun.
- Didn't study for finals at all during the weekend. That was fun.
- Late night at Pipin
- Beach at midnight with the PASS-ey (get it? PASS-ey = possey! hahaha okai fine)
- "I need someone to take me to the hospital" scare from a friend. Not a fun scare.
- Girly movie night: When Harry Met Sally, Anastasia, 13 Going on 30. Wow.

I made this analogy and I've concluded that chick flicks to girls is like porn to guys. They live vicariously through it because it's just too good to be true. I watch all these romantic comedies because I figured, it never happens to me so might as well see it happen to someone else. Although in the back of my head I'm thinking, gag me now can this be any cheesier? It's just too perfect it's nauseating. I've always been the pessimistic, cynical, ugh wutever type person when it comes to lovey dovey stuff. I didn't used to be. It's because over the years I've come to a realization that being in a relationship isn't always about prince charming sweeping you off your feet and living happily ever after forever. There's always the ugly stuff that comes with it. Problems, fights, disappointments, hurt, etc. I guess I was too focused on the ugly stuff that it made me into this cynical, heartless girl. Haha okai maybe not heartless, but you get the point. Sometimes I just laugh at the corniest chickflicks just thinking about how dumb they are. The thought of all that romantic stuff happening to me is just non-existent and whenever I come close to it, I try to laugh it off or just ignore it like it's nothing because I stopped believing in that kind of stuff a long time ago. But lately I realized that maybe I shouldn't just brush it off. That maybe if I believed even just a little bit of it, I wouldn't be so bitter about a lot of things. Maybe I will be able to appreciate the little joys in life a lot more. Just a thought.

Wow okai that was long. I shall blog again when I'm in the mood maybe I'll come up with something longer. Time to collect the Tagalog finals coz time's up. Haha.

Have an awesome finals week to those who are not done yet! And for those who are done, holla!

No comments: