Thursday, May 24, 2007

I started reading, well more like listening, to the audio cd for this book called The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Since I don't have much time to do some leisure reading, my friend recommended listening to the audio cd of the book. It's funny because I don't usually read self-help books because it sounds like people who read it have serious issues in life haha but it's actually a pretty good book so far. I listen to it during my drive to or from work. One interesting point that the author talks about is the idea that people can blame anything/everything other than themselves for how they feel. For example, we get angry/stressed/sad because of school, work, family, friends, etc. We blame those things for making us feel the way we do because we don't want to be responsible for our problems. We blame it on other things so we can say that we cannot do anything about it because the problem isn't us. But the author says that THAT is the problem. We think we're not responsible for feeling this way, but we are. That when we blame our anger, stress, sadness on other factors, we let these things control our lives. We let external sources control the way we feel, instead of having control of our own emotions or feelings ourselves. He says we should change our outlook on these issues and start from within ourselves in order to see what the root of the problem is. That in order to feel the way we want to feel, to be happy and content, that we should realize what is it inside us that is keeping us from feeling this way. Look at oneself and look at these issues in a more positive light so that we ourselves could have control over our own self. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." I know, easier said than done. He goes deeper into it but I don't wanna bore you with this. I just thought it was interesting.


I wish I had more time to read books for fun. I have a couple books I bought a long time ago and I still haven't read them it's sad.

I haven't been the best in being a friend lately. I've been trying to get in the habit getting enough sleep and excercise which feels great, but I feel like I don't have time for anything else. I am going on grandma status haha. Although, I wish I could also say that I've been focusing on my class, studying hard, blahblahblah. But I'm not haha. Which means I have to step it up because I have a test on Tuesday, a project due in a week, and finals are just around the corner. Oh the joys of being a working student.

I can't believe it's almost a year since I graduated. I feel like not much has happened since then. My cousin asked me if i miss college and if I wanna go back. I told her that I do miss it. But I dunno if I wanna go back. There's no doubt that it was an awesome experience, but I think where I'm at right now at this point in my life is good. This is where I want to be and it can be frustrating at times, but it's a great feeling to be able to plan bigger and better things that lie ahead of me.

No comments: