Tuesday, November 20, 2007

As I was getting my morning cup of tea to start my day, one of the ladies at work and this other girl were having the usual generic work conversation…until the lady said something that made me think…

Girl: I can't wait for the end of this week.
Lady: I know. It's a short week too.
Girl: I love Fridays. Especially when this week's "Friday" is coming early.
Lady: Yeah me too. But don't you think sometimes, we just seem like we're chasing our lives away? We're always so eager for Friday to come already. It's almost as if we just want to get life over with.

After I heard this convo I thought to myself, she's right. We always want Friday to come. And when it's over, we're so anxious to get to the next Friday. And the next. And the next. And before we know it, we've been wishing to speed up 'life' so much that when we get to that next Friday, we don't realize how much time has passed and how much we've neglected the Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays that come before the long awaited Friday. I can't say I'm not guilty for being one of those people who live for each and every Friday to come. But it makes me think about all the other days that don't get much "supporters". Each of those other days might not be followed by the Saturdays or the Sundays of our lives, but most of our lives are spent on those other days. That’s 60% of our week. That’s like 60% of our lives! And Friday is just 14% (lol). So when you find yourself wishing Friday to come, ask yourself what Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mean in your life. Those are the days we spend doing what we love to do (our job), those are the days we spend most of our time with our loved ones (family/roommates), those are the days we spend most of our time to ourselves. I'm not saying Fridays shouldn't be loved, because I love me my Fridays haha. But sometimes I get so caught up with the anticipation of Fridays that I forget what the other days mean to me. And now that I think about it, the Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays of my life are pretty cool.

Monday – The start of the work week. The day when I’m constantly reminded how lucky I am to be in the working world.

Tuesday – The day I was born.

Wednesday – Hump Day. The day that proves that I have successfully made it halfway through the week.

Thursday – It's the day before Friday haha.

I know. I have too much time on my hands. I sound like I’m on crack or something haha. But seriously, who would've thought the break room would be a great place to gain some food for thought?

No comments: