Thursday, May 20, 2004

I missed Liwanag. Can’t believe I was m.i.a. for that long. I’m glad I went this past Tuesday. They never fail to make me feel oh-so-blessed. Loved the hugs I got. Made me feel good that I came back.

Went to Casa Youth Shelter for a WYSE field trip with our girls yesterday. We delivered the donations that we collected from people. They gave us a tour of the place and a background of what it was about. It’s basically a place for runaway teenagers who have different problems at home like abuse, neglect, abandonment, etc.

The founder of this place is this awesome lady, who is going to be 95 this year (I think), and has done a lot in her life…she was one of the first few women in the navy, served as a probation officer, worked with martin luther king, worked with cesar chavez, and did a whole lotta other stuff to help people. I just thought that she was an incredible woman with all that she has done and all the lives she’s made a difference in. It makes my heart smile to know that there are still people like her left in this world.

If you wana know more about it you can check out the website. And since now that you know about it, you can be an ambassador like me and let other people know about it! If you know anyone who’s having problems at home you can tell them about it.

Sooooo I’ve been rilly tired from school and midterms and papers and meetings and work and everything! I over slept today (and I know that whenever that happens it means it’s time to get a break) so was an hour late to work. It’s greatness. Good thing my boss understands (I think). It’s jus never-ending! I need a break! But I can’t get a break! Ever! Okai maybe I’m overreacting but still. I am toired. I NEED A BREAK (free breakfast, lunch, or dinner would be greatly appreciated thanks).

No comments: