Tuesday, July 05, 2005

D.C. update!

I seriously felt like I went out every night my first week in D.C. But the second week, dude, I was jus too tired to function when I come home from work. So basically this past week was a very chill and inexpensive one. But this weekend was not. My sister visited for the weekend and rented a car so she took us to more tourist-y places that we wouldn't have gone to if we didn't have a car.

But before all that, we celebrated our friend's 22nd birthday Friday night. We ate dinner at Luigi's and headed to this club called Lulu's. Funtimes funtimes. We came with a lot of people from Irvine too so that was goodtimes.

Saturday, I wanted to go to that concert to support poverty in Philly with a bunch of other people. But it's all gud coz sister already planned stuff so she took me and chelle to Baltimore, Maryland and took us out to eat at Phillip's Seafood to eat well, seafood. It was a little pricey so of course sister paid for it. Goodtimes once again. Then we walked around the harbor, took pics with the crabs, and other stuff. Goodtimes. Got home and was too tired to go out. Oh well.

Sunday, sister,her friend, her family, my sister's friend's friend, chelle, and me, went to Colonial Williamburg which is in Virginia. It was a two and a half hour drive so that was great. Saw a bunch of Colonial people and houses and buildings and other stuff. Haha okai I have pics so just look at it. Ionow how else to describe it.

Monday, Fourth of July was a basically a very special day for me and the roomie. It is the day when we bought our mini ipods! Yes, yes, yes I finally gave in. I told myself I wouldn't buy one, but it will be extrememly useful during my metro rides to work or wherever. So that was the highlight of the day. That and the fireworks at the washington mall. A bunch of us went to go see the fireworks. I have videos of it! It was awesome coz we were super close but it was a little scary coz I felt like it was gonna hit us. But it was excoiting.

So it's back to work again my friends. I love work and all, but I just needed a break after two weeks. Interns are usually the tour guides for constituents who call in and want to tour the capitol. So if you're gonna be in D.C. this summer, and you live in Santa Ana, Fullerton, Garden Grove, or Anaheim and Loretta Sanchez is your congresswoman, call the office and and schedule a tour and I will gladly give you a tour!

Until the next adventure homies. Payce.

No comments: