I’m halfway through my D.C. experience and so far it’s been awesome. I’m loving my job right now, despite the fact that I don’t get paid or reimbursed for transportation. I was never really a “political” person or whatever you might call it, and I still don’t think I am. But working here makes me want to learn more, and maybe, possibly, consider pursuing a career in politics. No, not running for office. Maybe working at the district office in California where they handle more grassroots issues, where I’d feel much closer to helping the people of the district. Now that would be awesome. But a lot could change in one year. I’m too scared to think about it, so I’ll just go with the flow wherever it takes me.
I imagined myself living in D.C. and working here after graduation, and I just couldn’t picture it. I’m sure it would be a “growth” experience or however you wanna put it, but I guess I’m just too chicken to go through with it. If you know me pretty well, you know how much I love going home to see my family. I don’t think I could handle living in D.C. knowing that my family is ten zillion miles away. Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving D.C. (except for the weather) and all its glory. There’s so much to do, so many places to go, and so many people to meet. I just don’t think I’m ready to spread my wings that far. Maybe someday, but definitely not at this point in my life.
I've been thinking a lot about the future lately, and its both exciting and scary. Not just career-wise, but everything else that comes with it. It actually depresses me sometimes but what else is new. Haha jk. I'm just wishing and hoping that everything will fall into place when it should.
That's all for now folks.
Until the next adventure.
I miss you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment