Monday, October 02, 2006

Oh 442 Stanford Court

This is gonna be a semi-emo post. Well, actually it's not even semi. It's really emo. As in SuprEMO. HAHAget it supremo, super-emo? No, just me? Okai no, not rilly. It's just emo. It's good emo though. It's like aaawww okai. Okai enough intro sorry here it is...

More than a year ago, June 2005, the residents of 442 Stanford Court went their separate ways (well, kind of) to spend their summer far, far away from home. I still remember being really emo about it even thought I was extremely excited to spend summer of 2005 in D.C. I remember moving out all our stuff to make room for the temporary 442 tenants. I thought to myself, man, this is a preview of what it's gonna be like in a year, the end of senior year, the end of college life. I'm gonna be this emo but worse. Haha.

A little over a year later, after living there for three years, on Saturday, September 30, 2006, 442 Stanford Court officially moved out. (By the way, thank you for everyone who helped us move out. You are friggin awesome). It truly is the end of an era. 442 Stanford has given me a whole lot of memories, both good and bad. Of course, the good ones are the ones that stick out the most. That apartment may have been the dirtiest apartment in the whole wide world but I still love it nonetheless. Despite the tiniest rooms, the most grody kitchen ever, and one gross bathroom shared by the whole world, I wouldn't have wanted to live in any other apartment for all three years of my college life. All the secrets and "moments" shared in that patio, the front door step, the living room, the master bedroom, and of course me and roommate's bedroom, will never be forgotten. Thank you 442.

The car ride home after moving out was filled with mixed emotions. I was very successful in holding back the tears halfway through the drive but then it just came when Something in Between by Lifehouse started playing lol. Sorry, it's my emo song. So there, I have emotions. It's very hard to explain what I was feeling. Of course I was sad, but at the same time I felt good. Yes, it is the end of an era, but it's also the start of an awesome new beginning. I know it sounds cheesy, but if there is a perfect time for change to begin, I think this is it.

Thank You for giving me these four awesome years of college. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve You through all my experiences in Irvine. Now it's time for me to continue serving You through my family and friends back home.

Shoutouts to the ALL residents of 442, the real ones and the honoraries. You are a real one if you have lived there for more than a week. You are an honorary if you have either slept over or you were a boyfriend or a "boyfriend" or boy friend LOL. You have given 442 the best memories.

Okai, I know it sounds like I won't see you guys ever again. Don't worry, I'll come visit. Maybe not everyday, but I'll be there. I promise LOL HAHAHA okai sorry inside joke. Feel free to come visit me anytime. I have a full bed AND a twin haha.

WANTED: Designated event coordinator to let me know of all the Irvine happenings since I won't be in the loop anymore. Roommate? Do you want the job?

That's it for now. Until the next blog.

442, I love you. Haha. Okai I'm done.

No comments: