I'm here I'm here! Yes I'm officially in D.C. for a week. So far, everything's good. Been working hard and so far everything's been fun at work. I finally met Loretta Sanchez and here's how part of the convo went:
Loretta: So where are you from?
Me: I'm from LA. My family lived in Hollywood but we moved to Northridge last summer.
Loretta: Hollywood. Like Vine? Isn't that like...dark...and like...skanky. That's danky.
She's fun.
So far I've seen Senator John McCain in the elevator (yes he was right in front of me!). I wanted to see Senator Barak Obama (he's apparently an awesome speaker) but not all the interns got in since everyone wanted to see him. I made my first tour of the capitol to some constituents from Garden Grove and Santa Ana yesterday, and I don't think I've ever talked that much in my life. I've also been answering hate calls in the office from people who say mean things about Loretta. That's exciting. I usually get off work at 6pm, so I get home and take a lil nap, wake up, and then the fun begins. Been spending a lil bit too much but I guess it's worth it. I'm a tourist so whatever. I'm gona blog more about the funtimes later. I'm too lazy right now.
I miss home. Sometimes. Haha. I do! Home = LA AND Irvine. I miss you all! But I'm loving D.C. so far so it's all gud. Come visit me and Michelle! We have a lot of room for everyone up in hurr. Okai time to go galavanting.
No comments:
Post a Comment