I finished my very first audit at American Golf in Santa Monica. Well, not completely. We packed up last week and did all our last minute work to finish up. I got a little emo (haha) because it was my very first project. It was a bittersweet goodbye because it was like the end of an era (haha), but I learned a lot working there, and I knew it was time to move on. There are still a lot to finish, and it will take months before everything is closed. But in the meantime, I'm now at my second audit in Sony Pictures in Culver City. Not really sure what it's going to be like over here, but so far the people have been nothing but nice and friendly. That's always a good thing. I was working here the whole week last week, but I wasn't settled in yet because the person I'm replacing was still here. So I asked my boss if I could go back to American Golf to do some of my work over there. I was just so used to it over there that I wanted to go back. My boss said I should stay where I am because we can only go back if absolutely necessary. I guess it is unnecessary to go back. I should be happy where I'm at right now. My first project was a really good experience, but it had to end sometime right? It's just one of the many chapters, and there's many more to come. I'm not sure how ready I am to take on the next step, but I'm glad I know a whole lot more than when I first started.
How can I not love my new assignment when: 1) They have good tea 2) They have free soda (not that I drink soda, but it's still nice to know I can get it anytime for free 3) I get to look at documents for movie expenses and celebrity itineraries! 4) They have cool office parties coz they serve beer and wine 5) I have an amazing/gorgeous/beautiful view of the Westside Los Angeles area. I love my job.
I love how I can be vague but not appear vague, so now you're thinking what was so vague about my so-called "vague" post, when it's clearly not vague at all, but I'm thinking hmm how can I make it even more vague? Haha.
The worst part is over. I hope. I stripped away all the reminders that put me through the past couple months. I think I'm okay.
My grandpa was at the hospital for hemorrhoids. Yeah, I know, gross haha. But I'm kinda glad it's hemorrhoids and not anything more scary. I visited him by myself on Sunday, and I was kinda glad I did. I wouldn't normally go on my own, but it was nice. We chit chatted for a little bit, usual stuff that he would bring up, like my job, school, politics (haha yeah I pretend I don't know what's going on, well actually I really don't know what's going on, and he pretends he knows everything going on, but I don't think he does. Haha whatever makes him feel cool right?). I heard his surgery went well (thanks Tito Dennis lol) so yaay.
My room is too cluttered. I need room to breathe.
I had a good day at work today. It revived me a little bit.
I love my friends.
It's so hard to play match maker. LOL. I have no idea how to do it hahaha.
Bedtime! Gnite kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment