Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I look for mistakes for a living. I analyze a bunch of data and nitpick every single detail that I see, and hope there’s an error in there somewhere. Because when I find errors, it means I’m doing my job well. My boss trains me how I can easily spot errors by teaching me how I could manipulate the data so that the errors stick out. When I find these mistakes, I do my research to prove that these are indeed errors. Then, print out all my supporting documents to provide evidence for my claims. My success is defined by how many errors I find. So far, I’m doing really well. At least my boss and my boss’s boss think so. I wish my life could be defined the same way. If it was, then I would be extremely successful in doing exactly that, every single day of my life.

No comments: