Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Since I haven't blogged in a while, I'm just gona give a short recap of each day of this past week. Then I'll elaborate on the stuff that's been on my mind lately...

Thursday, November 13
- tired
- PCN info nite
- Kordilyera and Choir (or just one of those)

Friday, November 14
- Liwanag Sleepover
- Finding Nemo in Quenya
- Magic Mic
- Cranium all nite long (funtimes all the time!)
- Awesome prayer circle
- delirious sleep deprived nite with roomie n Janice

Saturday, November 15
- went back home to LA with Chelle early..slept the whole day
- Filipino party at Placentia...fun food and met cool people

Sunday, November 16
- papertoime
- couldn't get a ride back to Irvine till later...sorry joyce for not
making alto practice!
- mass at Interfaith
- benefit concert practice

Monday, November 17
- Gina's Pizza fundraising for WYSE
- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU GUYS WHO CAME AND SUPPORTED! YOU DON'T
KNOW
HOW MUCH IT MEANT TO ME (YES, I ALMOST CRIED DEMNIT) :
- gladys, tsai, rona, alisa, erica d. you guys rock
- cristina, leo, dee, david, francia, flo, nimz, gp, angie, you guys are

awesome
- finished women's studies paper...sleep deprived once again

Tuesday November 18
- didn't wake up to my alarm...late for work
- Via Dolorosa practice
- Liwanag meeting
- Meteor Shower with Cristina and Janice...loved it
- sleep deprived

Wednesday, November 19
- didn't wake up to my alarm clock..late for class...or jk..didn't go to
class
- WYSE...topic: relationships...build-a-bf/gf activity heehee
- benefit concert rehearsal (thanx marites for the prayer)

Thursday, November 20
- didn't wake up to my alarm clock...late for work
- Thursday mass...yay chicken!
- Studied at Laguna with Janice and Diana
- Via Dolorosa practice at Joyce's (Joyce is awesome coz she made me
cry)

Friday, November 21
- didn't wake up to my alarm clock...late for class
- Friday mass...more chicken!
- BENEFIT CONCERT: AMAZING EXPERIENCE (see below)
- ihop

Saturday, November 22
- slept in...tried studying for econ...didn't work
- Spectrum with roomie, gladys, and tsai
- Movie nite: Love Actually ... *sigh*

Sunday, November 23
- slept in again...tried studying for econ
- 6:30pm mass at Interfaith
- tried studying again

Monday, November 24
- True Disciples (TDG!) thanxgiving dinner at Francia's and Dee's!
yummie tacos n stuff and pizookie!
- THANK YOU SO MUCH CHRISTINE B. FOR DRIVING ME TO L.A.! YOU DON'T KNOW
HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO ME! (see below for the fun adventure)

Tuesday, November 25
- home...went to INS to do fingerprinting stuff for cititzenship stuff
- drove back to Irvine...ran to class and found out quiz is
cancelled...grrr
- thanxgiving prayer service..mini liwanag meeting...uv concert
(You rock Christine T.! and TDG family members Toni and Ed!)
- Tapioca Express with Liwanag...Doll House...chill at Cristina's


Alarm Clock
Yes I woke up in time for my midterm on monday! Thank you so much for waking me up...you know who you are.

Benefit Concert
I've been in choir all four years of high school and I have done how many concerts all those four years, but nothing (yes nothing) can compare to the benefit concert. At first I was just wutever about it, because I knew my family wasn't gona be there and I didn't rilly make such a bid deal about it. But a couple hours before the concert, I felt the nervousness mixed with tiredness and sleep deprivation. That wasn't good. But despite all that, I knew that it was gona be awesome. Everyone was amazing. It sux that I couldn't be part of the audience to see all the acts, but at the same time I was glad I was part of it. It makes me smile to hear people talk about how awesome it was for them, and how moving it was. Thank You so much for being there. Your presence is definitely the reason for the concert's success.

L.A. Adventure with Christine B.
So me n Christine were driving to LA Tuesday nite (out of the kindness of her heart...awesome person foreal) and I got all my freeways rite...except that we missed the 101. So we had to exit at some random street...ended up driving around this ghettofied part of LA for a while...and found out that we were in the East LA area...yeahp...Boyle Heights and fun stuff like that at 12midnite. So we were jus driving n driving...looking for a freeway...but couldn't find any...and then somehow ended up in downtown LA. Had a scary moment with this scary looking driver who was yellling at us...but it was all gud...we were jus driving n driving still...looking for a freeway. THEN...Cristina call me and asks how we're doing and obviously we needed help...so ended up calling GP for directions. Heeeheee. I love my Liwanag people. They always got my back. You guys rock. So got home around 1:30...too tired from the fun LA adventure. I actually had fun!

Stuff
I was talking to roomie the other day and of course we had another random conversation. This time it was about losing sight of things. It's so ironic how I've realized so many things just this past month, but I've also lost sight of the other things in life that are important to me too. When I think about how I've been living my life lately, it makes me happy to know that I appreciate things more now than ever before. But sometimes I forget that there are other important things that should be done too. I'm scared that I mite not be able to catch up and I'll eventually find myself down at the bottom again. That's my ultimate fear rite now.

Mom
I was talking to a good friend about the one aspect that will always be the most significant and the most influential in life: Mom. Of all the heartaches I've had in life, the ones that definitely hurt the most are the ones where I didn't have my mom's support. It's hard to pretend that I could stand on my own two feet and not care about what she has to say or
what she thinks about my actions and decisions. It's not easy to pretend that I could go on doing what I want without her blessing...because I can't. Sometimes I wish that everything could be perfect, that everything that I want for myself is what she wants for me too. I love her a lot and I don't want to disappoint her, and maybe that's why I've been trying so hard to be a "good" daughter, even to the point making decisions to make her happy instead of thinking of what would make me happy.

No comments: